1 Jul 2012

Haiyore! Nyarlko-san (Anime) Review by Darren


Haiyore! Nyarlko-san (2012)
Format: TV Series, 12 episodes
Studio: Xebec
Score: 4 stars

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is one of the series I look forward to the most each week. In the past 2 seasons, anime titles were usually dramas or serious shows. But, Haiyore brought back an important element that had been missing for so long: 'Energy'. So energized is Nyaruko, that she even fully recharged me with the weekly Space CQC while saving her beloved Mahiro-san.



The story for the series is plain dumb, but relaxing and easy to digest. Parodies that the series introduced time and time again had also set the stage for some of the best comedy this season. I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw this. Didn't Symphogear just ended like, last season? And it's already prime material for parody?



And how can we forget the best key animation...


 and MONSTER HUNTER?!


Character design is simple yet attractive, and I really adore the character design of Nyaruko in this anime. Take a look at how Nyaruko differed, due to different illustrator. (Older series: flash animation)


Personally, I really enjoyed Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, and tried searching for older Nyaruko series such as Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft, which was animated in Flash. With the opportunity to work with a mainstream studio, I felt they have finally done justice to Nyaruko and gang. The seiyuus had done an tremendous job in portraying the different emotions throughout the series, and this particular scene really made me LOL. Tskkkkkkk!



Finally, I would like to give this anime 4 stars, because of the re-watch value, and the entertainment it had provided me over the past 12 weeks. I really thank Nyaruko and gang for the laughter, and wonderful time they shared with the viewers, and hopefully, we can see them again in the future real soon! SPACE CQC ACTION!

バイバイ!!

No comments: