18 Jul 2010

Awaiting the arrival of Panasonic Lumix LX5!

I've been trying to look for a camera downgrade (weird, I know) for quite a while now, but nothing really interesting out there. Till I met the Panasonic Lumix LX3.

It's in the same class as the very popular Canon S90 camera; prosumer level, without the bulk. The LX3 however, has a certain Old-skool charm. Those dials, hot shoe, lens cap, and focus ring, all add up to a charming package that isn't too bulky. Moreover, image quality is similar to the Canon S90's. The only downside is the inferior zoom (24mm to 60mm), but I'll just let that slide because of the f2.0 - f2.8 aperture it is able to achieve. f2.8 at 60mm is quite impressive indeed! With my birthday coming up, I was thinking of getting this with ang pao money from grandparents and parents, or asking my parents to get it for me as a birthday present ^.^  But it's sold out everywhere...

And so I was pleasantly surprise to see rumours of the LX5 popping up at various tech blogs. Go here to see the specs right from Panasonic.

Source: Engadget

No comments: