1 Jan 2007

2006 Review, 2007 Preview

2007 is here folks.

As I sit here in front of my laptop on the first day of 2007, I look back at what has been and what lies ahead of me.

2006 has been an eventful year in many ways for me. Academically, 2006 is the last year I would spend as a student. Sure, I might go to Uni, but it won't be the same anymore. I suddenly realise that I'm an adult now, having to work to earn money and try to support myself. Gone are the days where I simply study and play my days away. Study is now, more than ever before, laying the foundation of my future. I do not study for the sake of studying. I need to study to get the jobs I want by acquiring the relevant paper qualifications.

Studies aside, 2006 has been an eventful, but lousy gaming year. Doom 3 and Half-life 2 revolutionized PC graphics. Not a single game this year has managed to make such a big change in the gaming scene. Even the promised eye-popping graphics on the PS3 turned out to be not much better than their rival's 1 year old machine, the Xbox 360. However, we cannot discount the fact that many fantastic games were released in 2006 too. Oblivion and Gears of War both had great graphics and fantastic gameplay. Coincidentally, both games were released for the X360. Was 2006 the year of the Xbox? Probably yes. Great games were released on Microsoft's console and even continued to remain best-sellers even through the release of Nintendo's Wii and Sony's PS3. However, no matter how great GoW and Oblivion was, 2006 will forever be remembered as the year the PS3 and Wii were born. In 2007, as stocks become more abundant, we will see the properly start of the Next-Gen wars.

2007 is gonna be one heck of a year for gaming.

I promised myself not to fill this blog with rants about my own personal problems, so I should probably stop here.

Happy 2007 Everyone!

No comments: